Sign in or
The Bass, the River, and Sheila Mant
by W.D. Wetherell
|1. Lithe ___||A. Think deeply, often sadly|
|2. Surreptitiously ___||B. Limber; bending easily|
|3. Dubious ___||C. Restraint on one's natural impulse|
|4. Pensive ___||D. Skeptical, feeling doubt|
|5. Inhibition ___||E. Secretly or slyly|
1. Did you find this story funny, sad, romantic, or serious? Explain.
1. Who are the two main charaters and how old are they?
2. What time of year does this story take place?
Multiple Choice (circle the letter of your answer)
1. Why is fishing important to the narrarator?
A. He had a bad experience on a fishing trip as a child2. How old was W.D. Wetherell when he wrote his first short story?
B. One of his favorite things to do is fish.
C. Fishing was his father's favorite thing to do.
A. TwentyTrue Or False (write on the line "true" or "false")
1. _______ W.D. Wetherell was born in New Hampshire.
2. _______ Wetherell has two children.
3. _______ Mr. Wetherell has won many awards for his writing, including the O. Henry award for his fiction.
Organizing Information (fill in the boxes)
1. Fill in the chart below. (Use your book for help)
| Characters |
| Events Leading to the Climax |
Latest page update: made by
, Sep 14 2009, 3:42 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.